Cheesey Smoked Haddock Grill
Drizzle rapeseed oil
4 naturally smoked haddock fillets
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 large onion, finely chopped
200g Doddington Cheese grated
- Drizzle some oil on the bottom of a baking tray, sprinkle chopped onion
- Place the fillets on top of the onion and place under a hot grill for 7-10 mins
- Turn the Haddock over, empty the tin of chopped tomato on top and season lightly with salt and pepper; sprinkle the cheese on top of that.
- Bake until the cheese bubbles and browns
Serve with creamy mash potato and any dark green vegetable or salad
Bacon, Pea and Goats Cheese Omelette
20g Acorn Dairy Butter
8 rashes of smoked streaky bacon, cut into a small dice
200g peas (thawed if frozen) or freshly podded
A few basil leaves, roughly sliced
8 large eggs beaten
125g Elsdon Goats cheese grated
Sea salt and black pepper
Large handful of rocket leaves
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the bacon until golden brown and crisp. Toss in the peas and cook for another minute or two, then add the basil.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and gently shake the pan over a medium heat; as the omelette begins to set at the bottom, top with Goats cheese.
- Season generously with pepper and a little salt.
- Grate some more Resdale over the omelette and place the pan under the hot grill for a minute or two until the eggs are set on top. Slide onto a warm large plate.
- To serve, toss a handful of rocket leaves in vinaigrette to dress lightly; then pile on top of the omelette. Cut into wedges to serve.